ABOUT THE COMPANY
North-Rift Agritech limited is an Agriculture based company undertaking a social economic empowerment project in the rural counties of Uasin-Gishu, Elgeyo Marakwet, Machakos and Trans-Nzoia in Kenya.
Founded upon enormous potential unearthed by a USAID funded project through Fintrac, the company’s main objective is to increase incomes for rural house-holds through sustainable commercial horticultural farming for export.
North-rift Agritech has identified and brought small scale farmers together and mutually contracted them to grow and produce vegetables and fruits for export with full support for business planning and modelling, Training (through establishment of demonstration centres & scheduled field days), certification, supervision, supply of seeds, pesticides and fertilizers on credit. The company organises produce collection and transportation logistic.
The crops grown by these farmers include : French beans, snow peas, sugar snaps, garden peas, asian vegetables, passion fruit, avocados and mangoes among others.
PRODUCTS FOR EXPORTS.
Working with small scale farmers to grow and produce:
- Vegetables for export : French Beans, Snow peas, sugar snap, garden peas, asian vegetables, baby carrots among others
- Fruits for Export : Passion fruits (yellow & purple), avocados and Mangoes
FARMERS SUPPORT SERVICES
Some farmers services include:
- Training in production and post-harvest handling systems for farmers
- Farmer Certification and compliance to Global food standards
- Business planning and farm set-up support for small and medium scale farmers.
To uplift the living standards of rural house-holds through sustainable small scale farming for export.
To increase rural house-holds incomes. To alleviate poverty by promoting income generation through farming. To contribute to food-security enhancement initiatives by the government and other stake-holders.